Community Woodland – Hadlow Downers can become members of Wilderness Wood and come for walks, BBQs, camping, Christmas markets. You are also invited to get involved with the work of stewarding and improving the woodland. All ages welcome
Activity Address Wilderness Wood, Main Road, Hadlow Down
Contact Emily and Dan Morrish – Owner
Address Wilderness Wood, Main Road, Hadlow Down
Telephone 01825 830509
Web Site URL www.wildernesswood.org
We are rattling along with the frame and rafters for the new wood-house opposite the cafe – nearly ready to start using all those chestnut shingles that many of you have helped us make. Two more weddings on September 8th and 15th when the wood is closed to all other visitors and members – but open again on the Sundays at 9am. Continue reading “News and what’s on at Wilderness Wood”
We’ve been thoroughly enjoying the lovely weather – and rattling along with making shingles for the new wood-house – coming this summer opposite the café and the new Under Oak shelter with UCTC student. The Upper Paddock has now been re-seeded so fingers crossed for the right combination of rain and sunshine so that the grass grows fast.
E-mail contact: when we arrived, Chris and AnneYarrow passed on a number of e-mail contacts for people who live in the village. We have used these e-mails to let people know about what’s going on in the wood. In order to comply with the new data laws, we will not contact you by e-mail again unless you actively sign-up for it, so either, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or come into the café and complete one of the membership forms – ask the café staff. And/or you can follow us on face-book or Instagram: facebook @wildernesswoodsussex and instagram @wildernesswoodsussex
– Saturday 2nd June – wedding – woodland closed for the day
– Sunday 17th June – Father’s Day – forest school activities, shingle-making and BBQ
– Saturday 7th July – Stewardship Saturday – join the team for the day and help us look after and improve the wood. We meet at 10am in front of the Meeting House. Lunch provided. All ages, skill-levels and fitness levels welcome.
– Saturday 21st July – wedding – woodland closed for the day
– Monday 23rd July-Friday 27th July – working-with-wood-week – contact Emily if you’re interested in getting involved with building, cooking, or putting on a play. All ages welcome.
– Saturday August 4th – Stewardship Saturday
– Saturday August 11th – wedding – woodland closed for the day