Providence Chapel is on the Main Road and now converted into a dwelling.
A small chapel was built in 1824 by Henry Smith, a builder and Wesleyan who owned 'Hyders', it was the only place of worship in Hadlow Down prior to the consecration of the first St Mark's in 1836. The non-conformists decided they needed a larger chapel and in 1849 the present building was erected .The building suffered much damage in the Great Storm of 1987 and had to be completely re-roofed.
The graveyard stones still remain in situ.
A Calvinist Independent chapel built in 1849. Two storeys. Three windows. South wall red brick, flanked by pilasters with stone quoins. Pediment over containing roundel with the date and the initials J H M. Doorway with semi-circular fanlight and double doors of 6 panels. The doorway is flanked by 2 blank window-spaces. Three windows over retaining their glazing bars. Side walls red brick and grey headers in alternate courses.
Source English Heritage